Diagnoses, repairs and performs preventative maintenance on residential air conditioning and heating equipment and systems.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Diagnose HVAC system performance through observation, testing and setup.
- Disassemble and reassemble residential equipment to perform trouble shooting and preventative maintenance.
- Able to read, understand and quote customer prices out of Flat Rate Book.
- Operate hand tools, power tools, gauges and measuring equipment to perform service of the unit.
- Lift, carry, pull, and push components/equipment to test, setup or maintain HVAC equipment.
- Give and take written and verbal instructions.
- Complete documents to verify work performed in a legible manner
- Operate a commercial vehicle and trailer.
- Work flexible hours as required.
- Explain service charges and work performed to the customer.
- Able to work a rotating on call nights and week-ends when assigned.
- Ability to sell HVAC accessories and service agreements to homeowner.
- High school diploma or equivalent; diploma from a recognized trade or technical school or equivalent comprised of 5 years or more experience and training.
- Diagnostic ability as demonstrated through prior experience and/or training.
- Demonstrate a level of proficiency and competence on the skill based pre-employment test.
- Ability to tolerate extreme environmental conditions consisting of extreme heat, cold, noise, vibration, fumes, dusts, poor ventilation.
- Ability to exert up to 100 pounds of force (pulling, pushing, lifting, carrying, etc.) regularly and up to 50 pounds of force frequently.
- Ability to regularly climb and work from 4′ – 32′ ladders, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, reach, stand, walk, twist, grasp to perform essential job functions.
- Ability to safely operate a company motor vehicle as evidenced by past driving performance record and to adhere to all company safety requirements. Ability to drive company vehicle, safely and professionally
- Ability to competently use a variety of gauges, meters, measuring instruments, air balance equipment, combustion analyzers, pumps, hoists, rigging equipment, torches, and hand tools.
- Ability to effectively communicate with the customer.
- Ability to work independently, under pressure and without close supervision; willing and able to consistently work the scheduled required by job demands.
- NATE certified
Please contact Peggy Scribner at
Email: email@example.com, Phone: (972) 579-2025, or Fax: (972) 579-2095