Tempo is seeking an experienced Commercial Service Technician to support our Light Commercial Division.
- Own the proper tools and equipment to perform:
- Troubleshooting and repair all styles of air conditioning and heating systems up to and including 20 tons with little or no supervision. This includes electric, gas, heat pumps, electronic and pneumatic zone controls, boilers and basic refrigeration systems.
- Qualified and willing to do some training of other personnel.
- Understand duct system design and be able to troubleshoot same.
- Troubleshoot and repair advanced control systems with little or no supervision.
- Replace all compressors with no supervision.
- High school diploma or equivalent; diploma from a recognized trade or technical school or equivalent comprised of 2-5 years experience and training.
- Diagnostic ability as demonstrated through prior experience and/or training.
- Demonstrate a level of proficiency and competence on the skill based pre-employment test.
- Ability to tolerate extreme environmental conditions inherent with prescribed duties.
- Ability to exert up to 100 pounds of force (pulling, pushing, lifting, carrying, etc.) regularly and up to 50 pounds of force frequently.
- Ability to regularly climb and work from 4’- 40’ ladders, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, reach, stand, walk, twist, grasp to perform essential job functions.
- Ability to safely operate a company motor vehicle as evidenced by past driving performance record and to adhere to all company safety requirements.
- Ability to competently use a variety of gauges, meters, measuring instruments, air balance equipment, combustion analyzers, pumps, hoists, rigging equipment, torches, and hand tools.
- Ability to effectively communicate with the customer.
- Ability to work independently, under pressure and without close supervision; willing and able to consistently work the scheduled required by job demands.
Earnings will be commensurate with skill level and experience.
For more information or to apply for this position please contact one of the following: